Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Tuesday Tips: Sweet & Sticky

Sweet Ideas: 


 Sticky Situations:

  • To remove sticky stuff from your iron's soleplate, try ironing over a used dryer sheet using your lowest setting. This works great for residue from accidentally ironing plastic bags, fusible web or interfacing used in sewing, or plastic buttons (not that I would ever do any of those things). I imagine it would work on almost any melty thing you might get into! 
  • 25 Ways to Remove Sticky Adhesive. Our family favorite is #22, Goo Gone. We prefer the gel formula. I have even used it to remove adhesive stickers from vintage paper cook-booklets with minimal damage. Just be patient and let the chemical do it's job before trying to peel the sticker off!

Sweet & Sticky:

If your honey has turned into a solid, unspoonable chunk in its container, you can safely decrystallize it using this method. Now, I know people (I'm not saying who...) who heat it in the microwave on medium power for maybe 15-30 seconds at a time, watching very carefully that's it's not getting too hot, but the experts seem to think the hot water method is best.

Photo credit: WPClipArt.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading! Your thoughts are important to me because I am writing for you.