Monday, May 28, 2012

Happy Memorial Day!


Since I don't have anything incredibly inspiring to say about Memorial Day, but wish to recognize it, I am linking you to the Huffington Post, where they have published their list of 15 Memorial Day Quotes

While I do truly appreciate all the sacrifices (large and small) made by the people who defend our country, my heart on this day is with the parents, children and spouses who have lost beloved family members in military service. To me, this is the ultimate sacrifice. The families I know who have suffered this type of loss have done so with great pride and without visible expressions of bitterness. These are the people who are on my mind today. If you are one of them, I know today is about remembering fallen heroes, but you are a hero, too. Thank you! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading! Your thoughts are important to me because I am writing for you.