Monday, September 3, 2012

Some Things Never Change...

wpclipart.com

I rescued a stack of old cloth-bound books from the "free bin" at the Y Thrift Shop again. One of the fun things about that is the clippings and stuff you find between the pages. Since some of you have undoubtedly just dropped a kid off a college, this one might be especially relevant right now. I can't credit the source, because only the text was cut out of the newspaper. Remember, these books were from the late 40's and early 50's. Some things never change...

Letter from son in college:

"Dear Dad:

Gue$$ what I need mo$t of all! That'$ right. $end it along. Be$t wi$he$.

Your $on,
Knowlton"

Letter from Dad:

"Dear KNOwlton:

NOthing ever happens here. We kNOw you like your school. Write us aNOther letter aNOn. NOra was asking about you. You kNOw NOra! NOw I kNOw NO news.

Dad"

NOw I kNOw what I have to look forward to NOt so many years from now!

By the way, "anon" means soon or shortly. I had to look it up. That's another fun thing about old writings- you learn new (old) words.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading! Your thoughts are important to me because I am writing for you.