I mended the sock, fixed the sweater picks and hemmed the pants.
- ironed a pair of Mabzie's capris that might've been lying around for about two weeks
- repaired a seam on one of our traveling suitbags (ripped in July)
- sewed a button on an American Girl sweater (Lord knows how long it waited in the pile)
- appliqued a fabric heart on an AG t-shirt to cover where another fell off (waited with the sweater)
- sewed a flannel backing onto part of an old ironing board cover to make an extra pressing surface
- worked on the travel iron caddy/pressing pad I started at camp in July
- finished a sewing apron I started a couple of weeks ago (pictured below, the writing is backwards because since it was a mirror shot- I didn't sew it wrong)
So, I guess I showed them... (and surprised myself)!
|Fast & Easy Fat Quarter Apron|
The tutorial for this apron is in this previous post. The decorative stitching which divides the pocket really made a difference on this one, don't you think?