Sunday, July 15, 2012

Sewing Room Sunday: Pink Paisley Scarves

Mabz is at a sleepover tonight, so right after this post I'm heading up to my cottage to address the three yards of silk I brought back from New York's Garment District. I had to buy a yard and a half of each because I like long, rectangular scarves, which are best made along the lengthwise grain.

These are my favorite color (pink) and my favorite pattern (paisley)! My favorite scarf in my drawer right now is also- you guessed it- pink paisley.  Well, three yards of pink paisley ought to make a lot of scarves. So if you are a friend who's due a gift anytime soon, it's probably going to be a scarf. Just let me know your preferred size and shape, and which print you like best:

This one?

Or this one?

Well, off I go to figure out how best to hem the edges. Rolled hem with the serger? Tiny machine hem with turned edges? Handsewn? Lord, I hope it's not handsewn...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading! Your thoughts are important to me because I am writing for you.