Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The Day After Christmas...

is such a peaceful day at my house! 




I enjoyed cooking big dinners for entertaining on Sunday and Monday, followed by lots of cleaning up! Christmas Day began at 7:30 with the opening of gifts and the dumping out of stockings, followed by a breakfast of Baked French Toast (from a compilation of several recipes found online). Most of the day was spent playing with our "toys", eating candy, and hanging out together- just the three of us- in front of the fireplace. 

We woke up this morning to snow and sleet, which was welcome since we had no plans to leave the house anyway. Today was a great day to catch up on a few projects from our "honey-do" lists. 

This has been the most relaxed and satisfying Christmas I've experienced in a long time. I seem to be learning how to take the pressure off myself (and my family) to make everything perfect, and just to enjoy the moments and memories!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading! Your thoughts are important to me because I am writing for you.