Saturday, October 13, 2012

On Top of the World

Have you ever wondered why they call them the Blue Ridge Mountains?


This view from the front deck (can you believe it?) of a mountain getaway cabin in Meadows of Dan, VA answers that question. Just look at where the mountains in the distance meet the skyline- so blue. From up there, I felt like I could see forever.

I'm imagining this view at sunrise (the house faces east)... in the snow... on the Fourth of July...with fog settling in the valley... on a starry night...during a rainstorm ... how could it ever be anything but gorgeous? Yes, the homeowners built floor-to-ceiling windows to enjoy it without leaving the comfort of the sofa or the warmth of the fireplace!

Well, I guess a girl can dream, can't she?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading! Your thoughts are important to me because I am writing for you.