Fred's Macaroni & Cheese
4 cups macaroni
2 1/2 cups milk (I use fat-free... might as well try to counteract all that cheese)
5 cups grated cheddar cheese (I like Kraft Triple Cheddar mixed with any sharp cheddar)
1 teaspoon dry mustard
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook macaroni according to package directions and drain.
3. Put drained noodles back into pot and mix with three cups of the cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. In separate bowl beat eggs with fork. Mix in milk and dry mustard. Add to macaroni in pan and mix well.
5. Spray 13x9 (3 quart) baking dish with cooking spray and pour in macaroni mixture.
6. Top with 2 more cups of cheese.
7. Bake 25-30 minutes until bubbly.
This recipe feeds my family of three as a main dish at least twice. You can easily cut the recipe in half and bake it in a 2 quart dish, but I never do this. You may want to stick with nearly the same amount of cheese on top, since the surface area of the casserole is not that much smaller.