Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Bats in my Belfry?

No, but there's one behind my shutter!  And he's really camera shy...



He (or she) squeezes himself flat and sleeps in there all day.  They really do sleep upside down; his feet are at the top...  He just arrived last week- Spring arrived early in Virginia this year.  I don't remember how many years he's been with us, but he's a regular!  How do you know he's there? Either you open the window and hear him squealing, or you look on the ground below that shutter and see bat poop!

Here's where he lives, the green shutter in the right:


You'll get to see a lot more "critters" if you stick around.  We seem to attract 'em.  I guess they know we like them.  Most have names, but for some reason this little guy doesn't have one yet.  Any ideas?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading! Your thoughts are important to me because I am writing for you.