Monday, November 19, 2012

Give Thanksgiving a Chance!


Christmas should not start before Thanksgiving

There. I've said it. 

My favorite home improvement store put out the huge Christmas inflatables before Halloween.
Santa's been at most of the malls for over a week now.
At least half of my neighbors have their Christmas trees up already.
Radio stations have started playing Christmas tunes 24/7.

This isn't really new, and I've learned to accept it, if not embrace it. But now, Black Friday is starting on Thanksgiving Thursday. Enough is enough!

While I love everything about Christmas, I believe that Thanksgiving is quite a wonderful and important holiday, too, and should be given its due respect. All it asks for is one day. Gratitude, food and family- who could ask for more in a holiday?

So, go shopping on Thanksgiving Day if that's what makes you happy. As for me, I'll be relaxing in front of the fire with my husband, daughter and cat, with a glass of wine in my hand.

However you choose to spend Thanksgiving, at least take time to be thankful! You'll still have 39 days between November 23 and December 31 to celebrate Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading! Your thoughts are important to me because I am writing for you.