Sunday, August 19, 2012

Back to School = Back to Normal!

welcome back to school chalkboard
Graphic from wpclipart.com

Mabz starts the eighth grade tomorrow! 

She loves her school and her friends, but is at the age to have mixed feelings about getting up at 6 am every morning, hanging up her shorts in exchange for her uniform, and trading summer activities for Algebra.

I, too, hate to see our summer fun come to an end. But I do have to admit that, in many ways, I will be glad to get back to "normal". At least on school days I know what time to go to bed, what time to get up, and have some idea of what the day has in store for me! I can plan meals without worrying about wasting food, keep up with the laundry and household chores, and easily decide what clothes to put on in the morning! 

Our carefree summer sure has been a blast, but there is definitely something to be said for "routine". 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading! Your thoughts are important to me because I am writing for you.