Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Off to a Good Start


I've made New Year's Resolutions before that didn't last through the first day. But this one's important to me because it benefits my whole family. Not to mention that I've made it in public, in writing, online.  

Tonight's dinner (planned on the way home from errands- anytime before I drive up the driveway counts as planned): 

  • mashed potatoes (freshly made, leftovers will be potato cakes for breakfast tomorrow)
  • corn (frozen)
  • peas (frozen)
  • cranberry sauce (leftover)
  • gravy (turkey stock cubes w/ spices and cornstarch)


Cooked for the next two days:

  • lentils
  • rice (2/3 basmati, 1/3 sweet black, in chicken broth)


Later in the week, we're trying a new recipe: Veggie Stuffed Shells! Well, it's actually goin to be manicotti, because the store was out of jumbo pasta shells. It's not an obstacle, it's an opportunity to try something new. At least that's what I keep telling myself...

I think that'll take care of Week 1. How's your resolution going so far?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're off to a good start! I've got a lot of sewing to do, so my 'planned' meals include leftovers! I made a large pot of Black-eyed peas (dried cooked with ham bone, bacon, onions, peppers), Rice (ok, mine was Minute Rice), Cornbread (from scratch cooked in my black cast iron skillet - the only way!), Sliced ham, BBQ Pork & Chicken with homemade yeast rolls. From the freezer: Pumpkin Cranberry Bread & Banana Gingerbread (your recipes - yum!) and Homemade Applesauce & Greek Yogurt. Wishing you a Blessed New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading! Your thoughts are important to me because I am writing for you.